Monday, December 26, 2011

Verse for Today - Luke 2:11-14 (click to read blog)

Luke 2:11-14
“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.””
Read all of Luke 2
 I thought I should finish the daily verses from Luke 2.  I have always been drawn to the Angel proclamation of these verses.  I’m reminded of Gabriel who replied to Zacharius’ doubt, I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.”  Their proclamations come with heaven’s endorsement and are exactly what they’re supposed to be.  I suppose the same can be said of all Scripture, but there’s something impressive about hearing heaven’s commentary or a “Thus says the LORD.”  I think such words remind us of our creaturely-ness.

 The Angel’s announcement is that Christ has been born… and that they can go and see him.  Then the heavens open up and a multitude of heavenly hosts (angels, warriors, creatures, etc.) proclaim the gracious work of redemption in Christ:
 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

No comments:

Post a Comment